The holiday season is upon us. And what would every business traveler like to find under the tree? How about a travel experience customized to their likes, wants and needs?
Marriott Hotels has tapped into a valuable source of ideas for how to enhance the travel experience. Travelers! As part of their “Travel Brilliantly” initiative (travel-brilliantly.marriott.com), they asked travelers to submit innovative ideas. Some of the top ideas:
- Wireless speakers in guest rooms
- Healthy vending machines conveniently located
- Digital daily newspapers delivery
- Scales in the lobby to weigh luggage
- Daytime personal shoppers
- Coasters, napkins, mugs and more showcasing the local flavor – art, culture, history, food
- Dining area tables designated for networking
What would happen if you engaged your customers to help you enhance their experience? What if you were to acknowledge their ideas on your website? What if you adopted some of the ideas … and gave the customers credit? What would that do for your brand?